Sunday, June 26, 2016

Generosity

I long for my thoughts and actions to change
To give more freely
Love more deeply
See more clearly
To give of myself with no thought of return

I see the person I would like to be
Gracefully gentle
Selflessly generous
Utterly service oriented
But I'm not always sure how to get there

I see in Your perfect example
A generosity of spirit
A humility profoundly moving
A love unconditional
And I yearn with all my heart to be more like You

Day by day I strive with all my heart
To align myself more with Your example
To live more completely by Your guidance
To accept more radiantly Your will
And to never stop longing to draw closer to You

"O Children of Dust! Tell the rich of the midnight sighing of the poor, lest heedlessness lead them into the path of destruction, and deprive them of the Tree of Wealth. To give and to be generous are attributes of Mine; well is it with him that adorneth himself with My virtues." Baha'u'llah (The Hidden Words)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just beautiful!
love you! Karina