Wednesday, June 22, 2016

O Man of Two Visions

My eyes were stuck in this material world
Caught up with deficiencies in myself and others
Victimized and villainized, bullied and betrayed
I saw myself as broken and faulty

I lived in a bubble of fear and doubt
Never knowing if my actions were right or wrong
Lost and lonely, cloudy and confused
Imprisoned by my own vision

But then light and purpose came into my life
And brought glimpses into a different reality
Of compassion and clarity, servitude and sincerity
Where learning took the place of failure

He is teaching me to see with new vision
Through the eyes of His home, my heart,
Spiritual and soul stirring, open minded and optimistic 
Where this physical existence is not our true reality

Though I am learning to see in this new way
I still often see the world through both lenses
Prejudice and perception, barriers and blessings
But someday I pray to see only the Beauty

"O Man of Two Visions! 

Close one eye and open the other. Close one to the world and all that is therein, and open the other to the hallowed beauty of the Beloved." Baha'u'llah (The Hidden Words)



No comments: