Friday, June 9, 2017

Sweet One

Sweet One

My heart is overflowing with gratitude
As I sit here contemplating your sweet little soul
I have always known with unquestioning certitude
That someday your presence would make me whole

That you and your siblings would bring joy and completeness
The sense that my life’s purpose had been attained
With your smiles, your laughter, your light and your sweetness
I promise my love will be unrestrained

Take your time coming, but know we are here
Praying for you every morning and night
Waiting for your beautiful soul to appear
For our lives to be illumined by your radiant light

Your father and I promise to love you forever
As high as the sky and as deep as the sea
A love which nothing on this earth can sever
As far as the earth's core and as tall as the tree

This love will never for a moment waiver
It is as wide as the mountain and beyond what you see
Have faith in this love and let it help you be braver
As you learn to trust your heart and to give endlessly




No comments: