Saturday, June 14, 2008

Nobody

I’m nobody
I’m gullible and naïve
I’m a filler friend never a true friend
I’m the other friend, never the best friend
I’m the person to ignore until your friends aren’t around
I’m the person who talks to you when you’re sad
But never the person you call when you’re happy
I’m promised things all the time,
But never given anything, not even a phone call
I’m constantly here for everyone else
But no one is ever here for me
I’m part of the group if I’m there,
But I’m never invited
I’m only part of the group because my existence isn’t realized
I’m always second best, if even that
I’m never a first thought
I’m the one to blame, the one to make fun of, and the one to ignore
I’m the one to forget, the one to ditch, and the one to lie to
I’m not the person to invite to a party
I’m not the person to call up just to talk
I’m not the person to be best friends with
And I’m definitely not the person to fall in love with
I’m the filler friend when you’re lonely
But you’re never my friend when I’m lonely
I’m always lonely because I’m always alone
I’m gullible and naïve
I’m nobody

No comments: