Saturday, June 14, 2008

Trust

How to trust when my heart has been broken?
How to believe when nothings been spoken?
Once waited for days for the promised call.
Still waiting and wondering can they see me fall?
Don’t ask if you don’t really want to.
I seem always to know that you won’t really pull through.
And yet somewhere inside, buried deep
I yearn that this one time your promise you’ll keep.
I know that “lets do something” is not really a promise.
I know, in this statement, you don’t see where the harm is.
Each time you ask, but aren’t sincere
I get excited and hopeful, then drown in my tears.
My wall is built higher to protect me from you
But it blocks me from seeing all others in view.
Losing sight of the people I call my friends
I try to climb and trust again.
But the higher I climb, the further I’ll have to fall
The next time you promise but never call
And each time this happens the wall gains height
Till someday I’ll fall and disappear forever from sight.

No comments: