Saturday, June 14, 2008

Where I Am From

I was born in a land of perseverance,
In Israel where my parents were serving
In this place so surrounded by God
Was created a love unswerving

I come from mountains and grass and trees
Where the air is fresh and the water clear
The glaciers and rivers live inside me
From Alaska which I hold so dear

I was born from the mind of my mother,
And conceived in her heart long before,
A piece of her soul has melded to mine,
And will reside with me forever more

While my soul was born from my mother,
My dad shaped my thoughts and my mind,
He taught me to question and think for myself,
And to love the whole of mankind

My brother created my actions
He loved me from the day I was born,
I wasn’t always what he wished me to be
But I learned a lot from his love and his scorn

I come from the friendships I had as a child
And the newer friendships I’ve made
I live from the people who live in my heart
And my love for them will never fade

No comments: