Saturday, June 14, 2008

Your Touch

Your touch is more painful than you know
I’m raped and beaten without a fight
When I talk, you don’t listen except to veer my words
And I’m always wrong, even when I’m right

You treat me like I’m two
And brain-washed me believes you
You say I’m a bad girl
And my vision begins to whirl
I feel like a child forced to admit
My guilt in a crime I didn’t commit

I used to be confident, happy and alive
You made me believe I was always wrong
Now I’m praying for the strength to survive
And I don’t feel there is anywhere I belong.

You don’t treat me like a human being
More like an animal incapable of fleeing
You pat me on the head
Like a dog who did what you said
And I can’t speak up or even plea
For fear of what you’ll do to me.

You’ve ruined any confidence I ever had
Now I question everything
My life has gone from happy to sad
My voice can no longer sing

Your touch burns holes through my skin
It eats away everything within
It is filled with superiority and expectations
Allowing no room for alterations
I become the person you want me to be
But I hate you for destroying me.

No comments: