Saturday, June 14, 2008

Watching Myself Fall Apart

I’ve worked so hard
Not to become obsessed
I focus on my life
So I won’t fall like the rest

Yet something about you
Makes me tremble in fear
I can’t seem to avoid
Wishing you were here

I see you on stage
My heart skips a beat
I yearn to be singing
But am stuck in my seat

You don’t know my name
Or the way that I feel
If I have to be honest
You probably never will

I’m just one of the crowd
Adoring you from afar
Yet in watching I’m pulled
To become what you are

I write my own lyrics
And want to sing them
But I don’t write music
And I know that’s a problem

Seeing you perform
Makes me dream again
While actually listening
Crushes them

Your talent amazes
Your voice so superior
I can’t crush this feeling
That I’m just too inferior

You are so talented
And close to my heart
Which is why right now
I’m watching myself fall apart

No comments: